[lbo-talk] re: Naomi Wolf v Harold Bloom

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 24 09:49:43 PST 2004

>Roiphe + Paglia = The Sisterhood? Gosh, this is damaging my image of
>Canada ahead of our forthcoming weekend in Toronto!

Yer talking to a guy from Alberta, the province where 'redneck' is not a perjorative, and our premier today suggested that allowing hospitals to serve wine to post-op patients consitutes innovative health care reform. The fact that he's a recovering booze hound has no bearing on that insight of course. My point: we can grow cave persons here too.

When are you going to be in Toronto? I'm there this Thursday and Friday.

>she knows absolutely nothing about feminism. She seemed shallow and
>not very bright. And her books have sold less than mine even. How is
>she a "well-known feminist"?

Because Margaret Wente (the G+M foamer in question here) has heard of, and agrees with her. Why? Are there any other criteria that matter?

PC

Doug

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon