[lbo-talk] U.S. PPI data won't be released today

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 24 12:40:28 PST 2004

Labor says U.S. PPI data won't be released today Reuters, 02.23.04, 8:24 AM ET

WASHINGTON, Feb 23 (Reuters) - A U.S. Labor Department official said on Monday that it was not publishing its January producer prices report today and said she did not know when it will be issued.

"We have no plans to release the PPI (Producer Price Index) today," said Marta Norton, an economist with the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Asked whether she knew when the report would be released, Norton replied: "I have no idea when we're going to release it."

The report was originally scheduled to be issued last Thursday but the department said it was delayed because of difficulties in updating seasonal adjustment factors.

Copyright 2004, Reuters News Service