[lbo-talk] RE: Philadelphia

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Feb 24 23:30:05 PST 2004

Jon writes: "Having lived in the Philly area (both city and 'burbs) for over 30 years, I think it is a much better (and cheaper) place to live than the Big Apple (though if you want to get to the top in some fields, like journalism and publishing, that's the only place to be, I suppose)."

I only spent a few days in Philadelphia, but I really liked it. The weather reminded me of home (Bucharest, Romania); the overall feeling was pretty mellow, and the mix of people, races etc. was just what a city should be like.

I'd rather go to hell than live in the suburbs. They make me feel homicidal. I did live in the suburbs for logistical reasons for one year. That was one year too many.

Joanna