[lbo-talk] ...where angels fear to tread (was Wolf v Bloom)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 25 06:10:18 PST 2004

<heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I can't believe that the comedic value of Doug Henwood, Paul
>Childs, John Lacny and James Heartfield debating Katie Roiphe and
>Camille Paglia's claim to the title 'feminist' is hard to get.

They're free to comment. So's Phyllis Schaffly, and, in better days, Margaret Thatcher. I doubted that they were fair representatives of "the sisterhood," which the G&M columnist claimed they were. I know that Roiphe would reject the label "feminist," and I suspect Camille Paglia would too. James can argue that they're feminists despite themselves if he likes, but I'm not convinced.

Doug