[lbo-talk] the other L word

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Feb 25 07:12:10 PST 2004

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 07:07 PM, Stephen E Philion wrote:

> jon wrote:
> Great idea! Now if only Nader can keep his people from taking the fatal
> misstep of actually voting for him.
>
> --i'm not sure that's Ralph's job, i'd say it's kerrry and edwards'
> job to make sure of
> that, no?
> steve

Well, of course, I made that crack about Nader somewhat in fun, but actually I'm somewhat puzzled by his claims that (a) he is running to put pressure on the Democrats from the left and (b) he expects to draw a lot of support from disaffected Repubs and independents, so the Dems don't have to worry that he will queer their pitch. Which is it? Or does he really think he can do both simultaneously?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax