[lbo-talk] Ridgeway: Nader's run a good thing for the dems

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Feb 25 07:12:49 PST 2004

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 09:56 PM, Stephen E Philion quoted:

> Nader could bring
> attention to bear on another damaging angle: On Sunday, during his Meet
> the Press interview, he raised the question of whether Bush should be
> impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors—lying the nation into war in
> Iraq.

I don't know about others, but I'm not so gung-ho on this idea of running around trying to raise the issue of impeaching presidents -- even Shrub. I thought the whole Clinton thing was a waste of time, and so would this one be, too.

If you start impeaching presidents for lying, you might as well just file an automatic impeachment as soon as each one is inaugurated -- they're bound to start lying as soon as they open their mouths!

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax