[lbo-talk] Frank: warring against elites

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 25 10:08:39 PST 2004

Carl Remick wrote:

>> From: Shane Taylor <s-t-t at juno.com>
>>
>> A WAR AGAINST ELITES
>> The America will vote for Bush
>> -------
>> The US is currently going through the peculiar process of deciding which
>> Democratic presidential candidate will stand against George Bush in
>> November. The aversion to Bush, at home and abroad, makes us forget how
>> many people support this spokesman for another America sure of its
>> superiority and its values.
>>
>> by Tom Frank
>>
>> http://mondediplo.com/2004/02/04usa

If you accept Frank's conclusions, then I think you might agree with me that we have to start playing the right's game. This means reading less Chomsky and supporting our own radio shock jocks to go up against Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. Chomsky's approach appeals to me as an intellectual, but the right is undermining everything we are trying to do with their well-organized network of idiocy.

Sometimes the left is like a bunch of librarians. Too nice and polite for its own good.

Chuck0 the revolting librarian ;-)