[lbo-talk] lbo-talk] the DJ Dangermouse saga

Westrich, James james.westrich at umassmed.edu
Wed Feb 25 11:23:33 PST 2004

It was a class action lawsuit against price fixing of the record industry (labels would actually set up price floors with dealers--isn't freedom wonderful!). I signed up as a form of registering my displeasure with their on-going oligopoly pricing (and now jackbooted enforcement of unclear law).

I think some states must have dropped the lawsuit. Pretty depressing really. I was hoping to share the loot with more people.

It is a windfall for libraries. That is good.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2004/02/22/cd_settlement_is_music_to_librarians_ears/

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of John Thornton Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] lbo-talk] the DJ Dangermouse saga

Did everyone get the same amount $13.86? I don't even remember signing up for this. My spouse or bookkeeper must have filled something out because I never signed up for a class action suit related to music or CD purchases. What exactly was this all about? I don't pay enough much attention to my mail. John Thornton

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 5022 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20040225/f10d7aac/attachment.bin>