[lbo-talk] Left Behind: Nader numbers

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 13:31:47 PST 2004

Munson:

> Mickey Z. published an article yesterday that has
> been the best so far in sinking the Anbody But
> Bush ship

"Mickey Z.," yeh, there's a guy I take really seriously . . . (sigh).

> If one looks at all the reasons why the ABB crowd
> raises as reasons to defeat Bush, one can pick
> through them and see the blatant contradictions.

I noticed that "Mickey Z." didn't say anything about the fact that Bush wants to start "personal retirement accounts" for Social Security, the first step towards privatization, while Kerry is opposed. Or that Bush wants to block-grant Medicaid. Or that Kerry wants to roll back the Bush tax cuts for households making over $200,000 a year. But because "Mickey Z." points out that Clinton supported NAFTA and the Defense of Marriage Act, Munson thinks that "Mickey Z." is an original thinker armed with devastating arguments. No doubt when I ask why Munson doesn't give a shit about the specifics of Bush's plan to destroy Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security, he will ask me what "bug crawled up" my ass. For reminding Munson of the old adage that facts are stubborn things, he will call me the modern heir to the "butchers of Kronstadt." I guess I'll plead guilty to that, and also ask the perennial question that leftists have always asked anarchists:

Are you some kind of fucking idiot?

- - - - - John Lacny

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!