[lbo-talk] Re: the gibson jesus

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 20:11:14 PST 2004

I've stood on too many picket lines with United Methodists, done civil disobedience support with too many Catholics nuns and priests, organized with too many Southern Baptists, done movement work with too many Unitarians, to be able to agree with this cheap anticlericism.

An old movement friend from Ann Arbor who was neither once said to be that when the chips are down there are two groups you can always count on -- the Quakers and the commies. He thought it was because they both had something to believe in that kept them going when everyone else had quit.

jks