[lbo-talk] Howard Stern: Flaming Leftist?

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Thu Feb 26 04:09:01 PST 2004

At 12:13 AM 2/26/2004, Max B. Sawicky wrote:
>I'm not sure we want him on our side.
>
>mbs

Bubba the Love Sponge, the local Clear Channel shock jock who has a nationwide following on XM radio (truck driver audience) said last week that Stern was fed up with Shrubya and would join Bubba and the buoyz in urging listeners to vote for the Democrat.

Of course, he plays good cop/bad cop with his sidekick, Manson. Bubba raves about the ragheads and how we have no business in Iraq because they don't want democracy anyway. It's a waste of money we would be better off spending on other things.

Manson doesn't go there, but apparently does some homework, digging up political dirt on Shrubya that, were he an 'out' liberal, he'd be castigated as a Bush-Hater. The call ins are about half and half: I'll vote for the Democrat b/c of what Shrubya did to you; I love dog but this has gotta stop. (Referring to the xtian culture wars) The other calls take Bubba and Manson to task for not appreciating the Great Shrub for all he's done to protect the nation, blahbettyblahfookinblah.

Of course, Clear Channel dumped Bubba Monday night, so no more using his 4 hr show for politics. No doubt CC dumped him because he wouldn't shut up about Shrub.

As for the Daily Kos link Mike forwarded, I don't know about anyone else, but the xtian culture wars are a distraction. At the same time, it's depressing and frightening that these folks can so effectively march to the same incessant beat. I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel; it's a friggin train headed our way. Splat!

As Justin said, what is most disgusting is the conservatives have very effectively lowered the bar as to what's acceptable. The claim that it's the fault of the PC left because their extremes caused a backlash is a load of donkey dung. No, the conservatives charged the lane and drew the fouls. They latched on to whatever excess they could find and made up or misrepresented the rest.

Amen to this, from Chuck:

"Then you don't know these in-your-face christians very well. You allow them one tiny edge, say a toe in the door, and they'll be setting up an anti-abortion hotline and support group in your living room, demanding free kitchen privileges, running a jesus-saves day care center in your backyard, and demand first cut on baptizing your kids. Fuck'm.

So, slam the door hard on their face now. Pour paint on them from the overhead window, and ride'm out of town like the scum sucking, dog ass, slime motherfuckers they are---and throw their god damned donation--bibles, Korean adoption papers, and jesus-saves pamphlets after them.

Get the fuck out and stay out. Give me the bill of rights and stuff that 10 commandments granite thing up your ass, butt wipe...and your little dog too."

Kelley