[lbo-talk] Re: the gibson jesus

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Feb 26 07:21:07 PST 2004

> Brian Dauth
> Effete Queer Buddhist Resister
>
> P.S. What makes noting religious commitment Capraesque?
>
> P.P.S. Today's Good News Alert: Not all religions look skyward.

True. The demo I attended last fall was one against the mad dog Phelps picket of the state capitol in Harrisburg, PA. The demo, which attracted over a thousand people (the Phelps party was only six-strong) was organized by no one else but the United Methodists and Unitarians who also - if I am not mistaken - are actually marrying the same sex couples, which puts them ahead of not only the average Democrats, but also many leftoids.

Wojtek