[lbo-talk] Howard Stern: Flaming Leftist?

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Thu Feb 26 09:16:31 PST 2004

The multinomious K:

> As for the Daily Kos link Mike forwarded, I don't know about anyone
else,
> but the xtian culture wars are a distraction. At the same time, it's
> depressing and frightening that these folks can so effectively march
to the
> same incessant beat. I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel;
it's a
> friggin train headed our way. Splat!

Sorry, I can't follow you--are you saying the Xtian culture wars are a *media* distraction from other political issues, or a calculated effort on the part of the Rethugs to siphon off/divert Dem political capital while they intend to charge ahead on the standard issues? Or--?

Regarding what Chuck said, agree 1000%. My mother's family are fundies of the worst sort. They never could accept that Martha had married a "Chinaman." I have a cousin who went to school at Jerry Falwell's Libertyville College or whatever the hell it's called. They believe in the rapture and all that nonsense. And they're the most cold vicious people you'd ever hope NOT to meet.

Curtiss