[lbo-talk] Jude Wanniski: nowadays, Marx would be a supply-sider

Lance Murdoch lbotalk at lancemurdoch.org
Fri Feb 27 09:49:38 PST 2004

Now I know why Krugman was constantly driven to madness by Wanniski. I did a Google search for marx and risk, expecting to find Boehm Bawek or something. Instead, I find this. Some excerpts:

Starts at http://wanniski.com/searchbase/km1.htm

In the years since, even as I moved politically from left to right, I've retained a deep appreciation of [Marx's] insights. I believe if he were alive today, [Marx] would look at the world much as I do. [...] To Marx, the flaw of capitalism was political, in that successful entrepreneurs -- the true economic revolutionaries who spring from the work force -- would allow themselves to be co-opted by the ruling elite. [...] Throughout his writings, Marx systematically fails to take...innovation into account.