[lbo-talk] RE: Snuffed Jesus

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 22:29:56 PST 2004

Joanna writes her son

was scared witless of the
> crucified Jesus, and
> even more scared about what
> might be done to him (my son) if it was OK to do
> this to god.

Remember Lenny Bruce's joke about the Jews having killed Christ? "We did it! -- because he wouldn't become a doctor. -- Signed, Morty."

> Gibson's gore-fest.
> Because I do take it that the
> main message (other than what seems to be actual
> anti-semitism) is . . . Would you be willing
> to sacrifice your
> children?"

Which, according to the Good Book, is a question rather older than Christianity:

Oh God said to Abraham ’kill me a son’ Abe said ’Man you must be puttin me on’ God said ’no’, Abe said ’what’ God say ’You can do what you wanna but The next time you see me comin you better run’ Well Abe said ’where d’you want this killin done’ God said ’out on Highway 61’

As another Christ-killer put it some time later.

jks