[lbo-talk] Savior Of Color

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Feb 28 10:29:33 PST 2004

On Saturday, February 28, 2004, at 10:37 AM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Well, I think I've read all 4,736 articles on Gibson's flick, but
> this, written by Thomas C. Mountain, is perhaps the dumbest. And it
> appeared on Counterpunch -- what a coincidence!

He writes as though he were the first person to have ever thought of the idea that the actual Jesus wasn't "white."

Actually, artists have made a lot of attempts to portray him either as he might have actually looked (very speculative) or as a sort of generic Homo sapiens. In this respect, I think Judaism and Islam have the right idea -- do away with the graven images altogether.

(Come to think of it, my old crowd, the Quakers, have the same idea.)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)