[lbo-talk] Re: Guardian on Miliband

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 29 18:18:01 PST 2004

mike larkin wrote:

>Doug: "I was away for a long weekend in Toronto...."
>
>You went to Canada and you CAME BACK??!!!? For
>heaven's sake, man, what's wrong with you? Were they
>smoking pot in the streets? I read in National Review
>that it's like Sodom and Gomorrah up there.

Ha. I like Toronto a lot. And the weather cooperated too. Didn't see any public potsmoking, but there were plenty of homos around - and the Toronto Hemp Company (THC), which offered everything hemp-related but the smokable stuff. And of course there's all the Canadian content - the Second Cup (which is like Starbucks only Canadian), the Golden Griddle (which is like IHOP, only Canadian), Timothy's (which is like Starbucks only Canadian)....

Doug