[lbo-talk] Haiti Coup

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Feb 29 18:48:56 PST 2004

Dwayne Monroe asks:

>I'm inclined to cut to the chase, accept this account
>as accurate and ask the logical question which follows
>- what, in the opinion of knowledgeable observers,
>does the Bush admin hope to gain by removing Aristide?

Credibility, Mafia-style. Saddam Hussein's fate did nothing to intimidate Castro and Chavez. Putting Aristide's head on their doorstep is supposed to emphasize the irrefusability of its "offers." This may well be the final warning, or only the penultimate one. On verra.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64