[lbo-talk] BDL on Sweezy

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Sun Feb 29 22:24:42 PST 2004

> Always love to see 'value-neutral' to get trotted out to justify stupid
things.
> Barf.
>
> I'm with all of you, of course, in the pile-up over this, but what's with
> singling out Brad's blog?
>
> Down with ad bloginem/ad hominem abuse.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jonathan

Hey I like Brad's blog even if he is at root a liberal marginalist who uses ideological constructs like the NAIRU to analyse the labour market and thereby provide explicit apologia for the suffering of untold millions of workers and welfare recipients. But fighting inflation and preserving the principles of a liberal order is of course much more "value neutral" and I dare say more principled than defending the revolution and the principles of human emancipation it was widely understood to have been based on at the time.

Travis