[lbo-talk] BDL on Sweezy

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sun Feb 29 23:48:28 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen E Philion" <philion at hawaii.edu>

> --nope, it's all yours cappy, to smear a person based on one particular
> moment in a long and distinguished career is really pretty pathetic.
> i believe the point was made, which you hid from, that Monopoly Capital
> was a work that far exceeds your own accomplishments. forget that the
> dobb sweezy debate has generated far more serious theoretical
> discussion among marxists and non-marxists than i expect we can find
> your work generating outside your blog?
>
> steve

I'm not going to defend Brad (I know nothing of Sweezy). But what's your point? I'd imagine Milt Friedman's work is sure to generate "far more serious theoretical discussion" than the collective output of every lbo-talk member. When he dies, should this give us pause before we criticize him?

-- Luke