[lbo-talk] productivity and profits

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Fri Jan 2 13:19:34 PST 2004

NIPA stats aside, I read the basic SF Chron contention--essentially, intensive exploitation and suppression of real job growth now will lead to job growth in some happy future--as ridiculous on its face. Why should the bosses change? Because of the obvious long-term problems with such a system? Hmmm. Somehow I can't see them leave the happy world where they can get fewer and fewer "lucky" workers to do damn near anything--barring fightback by the working class, which I'm sorry to say doesn't seem to be on any level that scares them at all.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:33:17 -0500