[lbo-talk] RE: sex across the color line

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Jan 3 13:07:52 PST 2004

Dwayne writes:

"I suppose this is the sort of knowledge the adoptive parents Mr. Wise discusses did not (and could not, without re-thinking their world) give to their Black child."

Very, very true. I am not black, but was briefly married to a black man in the mid seventies. That's when I found out first hand about racism in the U.S.

It's still there, and in some ways it's worst now. There is, of course, a sliver of peace for well-to-do blacks, but for the rest it's pretty bad.

I think being a black man in the U.S. is like being in hell.

Joanna