[lbo-talk] Re: IAC/ANSWER hack to defend saddam?

marc rodrigues marc36 at graffiti.net
Sun Jan 4 09:46:54 PST 2004

>justin wrote:
>But the due process thing is what makes
>liberals liberals. No one who wouldn't put it first
>can claim the label.
>
>--i hope it was understood that the sarcastic point of my posts has
>been
>exactly that the liberals who are condemning clarke for his
>volunteering to
>provide a legal defense to saddam are NOT in agreement with you about
>due
>process as a universal right.
>
>steve

don't know who these "liberals" are that everyone seems to be mentioning. the reason why i even made the original post was because i saw it as a huge *tactical* mistake on the part of one of the figureheads/celebrity spokespersons for (sadly) one of the largest "anti-war" groups out there to basically fall into the hands of critics of "the movement" by volunteering to defend saddam. if ramsey clark was just some random, weird former attorney general as opposed to one associated with IAC/ANSWER then i wouldn't give a fuck.

thats it.

i never mentioned anyhting about saddam not having the right to be defended or defend himself. i heard some french dude might even want to defend him in order to use the trial to embarass the u.s. and other one-time allies of saddam-- more power to him.

and to the person who amde the snide remark about "young anarchists", why is it assumed that anarchists are young?

-- _______________________________________________ Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for just US$9.95 per year!