[lbo-talk] Re: SADDAM HUSSEIN'S GAME ISN'T OVER YET

jacdon at earthlink.net jacdon at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 4 14:06:49 PST 2004

On Jan. 4, Doug Henwood wrote:

>I'm getting tired of the way you just broadcast these things without
>participating in any actual conversation. It's not as if they're
>compelling pieces of political prose, either. Tell me why you
>shouldn't be shown the door?

I've have been sending two or three articles a month from our newsletter to the LBO list for the last few years because they might be of interest to a left audience. I am not unaware that from time to time the political content of those articles goes against the LBO tide. Perhaps this is considered unacceptable.

Actually I have participated in a few "conversations" on the list but they were so filled with back-biting and low-level attacks that it didn't seem productive to continue the practice. I have remained on the list because I occasionally find something of value. Whether I continue to remain is up to the list owner.

Jack A. Smith