[lbo-talk] Re:One Palestine Complete

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 14:15:00 PST 2004

> There's also "The Fateful Triangle" by Chomsky, which, in comparison to
the above comes off a little dour and bleak.

> Joanna

Well, given that "Triangle" deals primarily with Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon, and how the Western media reacted to it, one would be hard-pressed to pen an uplifting book. Still, it's a must read, the first book I read about the Middle East way back when.

Another fine book on this topic is "The Birth of Israel" by Simha Flapan. There's also the memoirs of Moshe Sharrett, which I've never read, but understand is devastating.

DP