[lbo-talk] re Clark/SH

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Jan 5 10:08:16 PST 2004

Doug wrote: It was more intense than that - their only contacts in Iraq were with Ba'athists. They didn't talk to either of the Communist parties, for example

--well, that is true probably, though i'm not sure they could have really had much sway with an organization that was on the record supporting an invasion of Iraq, if my memory serves me correctly. Keep in mind, they were trying to organize all kinds of support campaigns to counter the sanctions and an invasion, something that would have been pretty hard with frequent contacts with the CPI. On the other hand, as Pugliese's post points out, the 'support for Baathism' within the IAC or WWP was not as strong as Seay or Chuck are making out. Your comments are one thing, but Seay and Chuck seem to just make stuff up to score political points, points that, as Justin's post on the anticommunist trade unionists getting beat up all the same by the cops shows, ain't really that important anyhow as concerns the potential of a movement to stop the man.