[lbo-talk] Hello!

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 12:06:26 PST 2004

Alex Gould wrote:

Yeah I'm for real, thanks Carrol. I doubt I'll be posting much, essay form, villanelle, or otherwise. Even if I could muster the patience and level-headedness required, Carrol and Yoshie already supply twice what the rest of you crazies deserve. By the way, Dean sucks.

===================================

Yes Alex Dean does suck.

The Democrats suck. Dean is a Dem, Dean sucks.

Question: who said Dean didn't suck? Answer: no one.

I know what happened; you read someone's post in which it was written, *I'm supporting Dean* and you concluded that what the person was really saying was *Dean's the cat's meow and I loves me some meowing cats baby!*

But I don't think anyone here's said that.

Now here's the thing: Dean sucks but he (if the nominee of course) may be a tactical wedge like say, the *glove of doom* in the PS2 game Ratchet and Clank, Going Commando.

Of course, you really want the gravity bomb or the Tesla glove but you don't have those choice weapons yet. Still, you've got enemies yes? So, you use the old fashioned glove of doom to dispatch them until the truly sick pieces of mecha come along.

Don't play Ratchet and Clank? Okay, I'll rephrase.

The Bushies are a problem, a very serious problem. Do you see how they roll? Pre-emptive war and vague alerts and fighter jets over cities and Vegas hotels being forced to surrender guest lists to the authorities and John Ashcroft's tortured syntax and speeches from a wax dummy Prez and crazy tax plans and Rumsfeld doing / saying anything and Camp X-Ray and my head is hurting and where's my advil?

Go they must. They must go.

I don't want to fight 19th century battles with these jackholes.

We need a tactical wedge, a plausible, electable crowbar to open up the possibility of reversing some (all) of this damage so we can fight new battles. The wedge is useful for opening things but no one with reasonable awareness is going to praise the wedge as a solution to problems beyond the immediate one of opening the door.

Oh and one more thing...

Is it nice Alex to slap down the mouth(s) that compliments you with the word *crazies*?

No. That's just bad manners that is.

DRM