[lbo-talk] life after capitalism conference

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 16:02:42 PST 2004

Life After Capitalism Conference New York City, August 20-22, 2004

As a new wave of activism in the US and abroad popularizes opposition to global capitalism, it is essential that we continue to develop alternative visions of a post-capitalist society. This conference seeks to create a forum for people from diverse movements to refine collectively our analysis of capitalism, to develop new visions for directly democratic economic and political systems, and to build effective organizing strategies for actualizing our visions. This conference builds on the project initiated by ZNet at the 2003 World Social Forum in Porto Alegre, Brazil.

The conference will be preceded on Friday, August 20, by Beyond the Bush: An Evening of Visionary Resistance, featuring Naomi Klein, Suheir Hammad, Vijay Prashad, and Michael Albert. Workshop topics will include basic and in-depth analyses of advanced capitalism; discussions on directly democratic economic and political alternatives; and conversations on strategic movement building. Workshops will range in form from highly participatory roundtable discussions to more formal panels and presentations.

Friday evening location: TBA Saturday & Sunday Conference Location: The CUNY Graduate Center located on the corner of 34th street and 5th avenue.

More details including conference registration to be announced shortly. For more info please email: lifeaftercapitalism at riseup.net ____

Please see http://www.anarco-nyc.net/listserves.html for this list's protocols.