[lbo-talk] Hello!

kjkhoo at pro.SoftHome.net kjkhoo at pro.SoftHome.net
Mon Jan 5 20:29:11 PST 2004

Doug,

When this first appeared, I posted another translation of the same passage. While hardly of world-shaking importance, I would be interested to know which is closer to the Russian original. In the extract from Trilling, Gorky's interpolations have been removed, and the whole thing run together. Not to mention the harsher tone of "split skulls open" -- one might compare with "banging heads" and "bashing heads" (or have I got that wrong?)

kj khoo