[lbo-talk] Re: people in glass cages shouldn't...

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 6 07:42:54 PST 2004

>frank scott wrote:
>
>>"...WW3 REPORT was unable to independently verify the glass cage
>>incident, but it is sort of beside the point... "
>>
>>the point is that saddam, and milosevic, and, um, whatsisname, are
>>all satanic butcher-monsters, according to bush, the establishment,
>>and the weft... those bloody bastards (pick one, any one) sodomized
>>the blessed virgin mary...though that incident can't be verified,
>>but is also beside the point...
>>
>>can't you all see the true evil in the world?
>
>"Weft" is cute, but what's your point? Because Bush says Saddam was
>a monster, he wasn't? I know it's a lot harder to think clearly now
>that the U.S. doesn't have enemies like Che, Ho, and the Sandinistas
>anymore, but it's worth a try.
>
>Doug

The concept of "monsters" is a mental block that prevents us from analyzing the history of Iraq in particular and the nature of political power in a modern state in general. The approach we we want is a combination of historical materialism and concepts such as "the banality of evil" developed by Hannah Arendt. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>