[lbo-talk] Big Brother says: NO MORE ALMANACS ALLOWED!

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Jan 6 09:53:19 PST 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

> Does anyone know whether this has affected sales of the Farmer's Almanac?

No, but some Amazon reviewers have weighed in on its usefullness:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,031

-- 24 of 26 people found the following review helpful:

6/2, plant lettuce; 6/3, bomb municipal courthouse, December 30, 2003 Reviewer: A reader from 'neath Uncle Sam's watchful eye When I was but a sapling terrorist, still green in youth, we didn't have fancy-schmancy Al Qaeda training, and we didn't need it. No sir, all we needed to get those stolen crop-dusters off the ground and spray those biological agents over the unsuspecting heartland was pure gumption, the early writings of Richard Bach, and of course, the Old Farmer's Almanac. The planting tables and weather predictions in this book are just the beginning. The Farmer's Almanac is a treasure trove bursting with highly sensitive information you won't find anywhere else.

I am glad to see this underground classic finally getting its due. The Farmer's Almanac is one of the bedrock essentials in any good subversive's library and deserves a place of honor on the shelf between two other indispensable terrorist tomes: the AAA travel guide and the phone book.

-- 21 of 22 people found the following review helpful:

For subversive activity...the best!, December 30, 2003 Reviewer: T Taylor from Seattle, WA United States Thought of going to Al Qaeda terrorist training camp? Don't worry about the high costs of specializing in terrorism overseas when you can become an expert right here at home! The 'Farmer's Almanac' (wink-wink) has information that you cannot find *anywhere* else. Invaluable resources such as: zodiac signs (need to know when political figures are at their most vulnerable? It's right here! The public fools! Like, they didn't learn a lesson from the original Empire- Rome, and ban this stuff right off!), how to perform powerful magic spells (...woops, that's 'Harry Potter'. We'll review that terrorism manual next!), and how to make better compost (another opps! That's the FBI's job!).

Get the 'World Almanac' in addition and you can find out more information that you can't find *anywhere* else- like how to find tall buildings! Travel and tourism guides, calendars, posters, promotional items and even current world social studies books can all be wrong. Walking through a city and looking up will also not tell you where tall building are (surprising, I know). Find out now in these volumes begun by that famous subversive, Benjamin Franklin!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1571982973/qid=1073411065/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5318271-8708112?v=glance&s=books

--

/ dave /