[lbo-talk] re are you or have you ever...(was Eyewitness in Tikrit)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 10:34:28 PST 2004

> --sorry doug, i'll stop with this post. what dwayne said in his response
> dennis applies for me as well. Dennis claims I said the soldier Mike
quoted
> was a 'liar'. I never as much as implied such a thing and surely dennis
> knows that.
>
> steve

After Steve cast doubt on what Mike Larkin's friend said about his experience in Tikrit, I posted:

"There were pro-American Vietnamese as well, despite the fact that we were shattering their country and killing millions. One can acknowledge this without endorsing an invasion. I too grow weary of lefties who appear anxious to wallow in negativity, as if that's some kind of Real Rad Cred. How do you expect to talk this soldier, who apparently has soured on Bush's action, if you call him a liar to his face? Is that the plan?"

"If." And also consider that were Steve to say to the soldier what he said here ("Do you speak fluent Arabic?"), how do you think the solider might respond, esp to a guy who didn't walk in his boots in a war zone? Maybe the soldier's making it all up, or maybe he's deluded, or maybe he's telling the truth. Who knows, which was part of the point I tried to make.

DP