[lbo-talk] Re: people in glass cages shouldn't...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 6 12:28:28 PST 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>Aside from that Saddam Hussein is "secular," "pitiless," and
>"ruthless," "created and backed by the West," you don't learn
>anything about the Ba'ath Party in particular or Iraq in general
>from the above sound bites by Ali and Chomsky. That's the nature of
>sound bites, you see.

Fucking hell, no on pretended that this was a full analysis. You got on your high horse about the application of the word "monster" to SH and I'd merely said that that was exactly the language that Chomsky and Ali used. I know it'd be hard for you to concede that. The quotes both come from long (25 min) interviews that include analyses as detailed as you'd want in a radio program.

Doug