[lbo-talk] Dollar Slide Accelerates; Risks of Rout Increase

Conrad Herold nuccmh at Mail1.Hofstra.edu
Tue Jan 6 15:51:42 PST 2004

Yes, that is what is being repeated all over. I just heard it on NPR for example. What got me going was yesterday's Amity Shlaes in the Financial Times, "A Republican sacred cow is led to slaughter." She cites... darn I just picked it up here and she cites Republican chat rooms. So that's actually the second place I see it, earlier was some hyphenated last name of the CBO or formerly of CBO making the argument, from the Republican side, that taxes must rise. I'll keep lookign for it, but Amity Shlaes is one place.

What scared me was yesterday's gold price rise. But today, nothing.

-Conrad

Conrad M. Herold New College, Hofstra University nuccmh at hofstra.edu (516)463-6449 office (516)463-4832 fax
Conrad Herold wrote:

>But why? I'm getting worried now. Is is because the expectation now
is
>that the monster will raise taxes after the election?

Bush? Wall Streeters think he'll cut spending after the election.