[lbo-talk] re The Claremont Institute: Utopia's Victims (Polemic against The Nation pwoggies, the gist.)

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 7 11:03:15 PST 2004

Michael Pugliese quoting Amis: The problem is not that we should take lightly the 3,000 Chileans commonly said to have been killed by the Pinochet regime (we shouldn't). The problem is that the Soviet regime killed that many people, inside the camps alone, in 1942 alone, on average every three days.

---This is the same Amis who believes that vietnam vets were spat upon...right?

-------------------------------------------------- Even the 100,000 killed in Guatemala would be a footnote to historians of Stalin or Mao;

--100k? wow...talk about funny estimates.

steve