[lbo-talk] re New Poll in Iraq: 48% View US Positively

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 7 13:45:48 PST 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Stephen Philion wrote:
>
> >if they love us so, why are we shooting up civilians like there is no
> >tomorrow?
>
> No one said they love "us." But even if it's just one in five Iraqis
> who hate the U.S., that's a lot of people who can do a lot of damage.

I forget the exact figure I gave, but last spring I claimed that as long as 10% (15%?) of Iraqis actively opposed the occupation that occupation would fail. If only 48% view the U.S. positively (I would expect it to be over 60%) then we can be sure that the anti-occupation movement in the u.s. will continue to grow, and that is my only concern.

Bring the Troops Home NOW!

Carrol