[lbo-talk] RE: Religious right

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Jan 8 19:17:44 PST 2004

ChuckO writes:

"I've been arguing for the past two years that the religious right has lost the culture wars and is in decline. Thomas Frank had some good explanations for this in his book. One of my theories is that Internet porn helped undermine the male side of the movement. I'd also say that signs of religious right activity in the library world has pretty much dried up. They spent a lot of time fighting for filtering in libraries and experienced a bunch of setbacks until the watered-down filtering decision last year."

Danger Will Robinson, Danger! Berlin in the twenties was a hoot, but look what happened in the thirties! The minor/major economic disaster looming over the U.S. may swing things either way. Not good to get too confident about the outcome. I'd say it's up for grabs.

Joanna