[lbo-talk] It's Official: We're Ruled by Loonies

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Jan 9 08:32:52 PST 2004

Brad Mayer wrote:

> Mornig Again in America and all that. I'm all for it, as it will hasten
> the eventual bankruptcy of the Spanish Hapsburg American state. On the
> moon in '69, off the $-gold standard by '73. Alas it is probably just a
> cover for weapons in space, especially with the sinister Cheney leading
> it.

> By SCOTT LINDLAW, Associated Press Writer
>
> WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) will announce
> plans next week to send Americans to Mars and establish a permanent
> human presence on the moon, senior administration officials said
> Thursday night.

What's really whack about this, other than it being a shameless attempt to re-elect Bush, is that if this is approved it will divert billions of dollars over a decade into what is basically a photo op.

If the unlucky suckers who volunteer for this Mars mission get there in the first place. Given that they will be fried with radiation by the time they get to Mars, any Mars mission within the next few decades has to be considered a suicide mission. And if the radiation doesn't kill you, equipment failure is the other sure bet.

My money is on these unlucky astronauts going crazy, Solaris-style.

I'm just wondering if a program like this will sink the Amercian economy .

Chuck0