[lbo-talk] It's Official: We're Ruled by Loonies

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 10:26:21 PST 2004

> I can imagine a culture that could, patiently and
> methodically, over centuries, explore, and to whatever
> extent is possible colonize the solar system. This
> culture has yet to arise.

> DRM

And when that day comes, I envision that the anti-space colonization movement (led by SPANCER -- Space Progressives Answer No to Celestial Economic Rape: "The best activist space shuttle service around!") will march on various planets, chanting:

"NASA'S NOT OUR MASSA!"

"HUMAN FINGERS OFF SATURN'S RINGS!"

"EXTRATERRESTRIALS OF VARIOUS TRANSLUCENT HUES UNITE!"

"IO-CALLISTO-METIS-THEBE/JUPITER'S MOONS SAY NO TO GREED!"

"WE REFUSE TO USE 'URANUS' IN AN OBVIOUS PLAY ON WORDS!"

DP (Can name most of the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo astronauts)