[lbo-talk] RE: God talk

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 9 11:33:12 PST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:24:11 -0500, Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org> wrote:

> What I think I had in mind was that, given the pervasive irrationality in
> Americans' world-views (including everything from traditional religions
> to beliefs in astrology, alien abductions, crystal vibrations, and on and
> on)...

Chip blurbed this new book. Several chapters deal w/ UFO's. http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/10011.html "A Culture of Conspiracy Apocalyptic Visions in Contemporary America, " by Michael Barkun. http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/10011/10011.ch05.html Chapter 5 , "UFO Conspiracy Theories, 1975-1990." Michael Pugliese

http://members.tripod.com/~rastirling/husker/newday.html Books About UFOs by Grant Hart of Husker Du

Walking down a sunny street to the library Checking out the latest books on outer space Going to the fruit stand to buy a dozen oranges Then she and the books and the oranges go back to her place She tells the same old story to everyone that she knows She's just sitting in her room reading books about UFOs Sometimes I see her sitting on the rooftop Perched in a lawnchair and staring into the sky I know that somewhere in some faraway galaxy That some gray men with telescopes are gazing right into her eyes Her live revolves around all of the planets And she is constantly aware of all the changes that occur I'm going to turn into a lens and focus all my attention On finding a new planet and naming it right after her

From "Marx at the Millenium, " by Cyril Smith, Pluto Press. Footnote 5, pg. 178, "...The Three Priciples of Democratic Centralism...by Don Cuckson: 1 Father Knows Best 2 Not in front of the children 3 Keep it in the family.