[lbo-talk] Religious Right -- declining or increasing force in US politics?

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Fri Jan 9 21:21:54 PST 2004

On Friday, January 9, 2004, at 11:43 PM, Chuck0 wrote:

> Chip Berlet wrote:
>
>> To say the Christian Right has lost the Culture War is overly
>> simplistic.
>
> It may seem that way to people who have staked their professional
> careers on the existence of the religious right, but speaking as a
> person who fights the right as an activist and doesn't make any money
> out of it, I think the Culture War is over and our side has won.

Assuming your hypothesis, Chuck--that this guy is a professional protester and biased in favor of what pays his bills--how would it seem to him if he were right? Any different than if he were wrong? No? I didn't think so. In other words, you're making mouth noises about other people's motivations in way that short-circuits the possibility of discussion.

Typical ultra-left self-righteousness--phooey on that,

John A