[lbo-talk] RE: God talk

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 02:09:53 PST 2004

Well, I'm not so sure. Yes, up to now, the pronouncements in this field (which are of course mostly hot air, since very little hard conclusions relating genes to anything in the human make-up have been reached so far) have been mostly reactionary, probably because it's historically been the reactionaries who have been hot to "racialize" everything. But unless we assume that psychology has nothing to do with biology, there should be *some* connections between genetics and psychology. I'm not holding my breath waiting for solid research reports, though.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org

---

Obviously there is a connection between genetics and psychology. I don't have an urge to fly south in the winter, rut madly during the mating season (that's more of a year-round thing), or mark my territory with urine (though my roommate does complain about me leaving the toliet seat up).

If genetics does not affect human psychology, we would be a pretty unique species.

_________________________________________________________________ Rethink your business approach for the new year with the helpful tips here. http://special.msn.com/bcentral/prep04.armx