[lbo-talk] Indians, pioneers of property rights

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 20:06:34 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Grant Lee" <grantlee at iinet.net.au>

Sure. What I meant was, the Duwamish etc are also the subject for projection by reconstructed (and unreconstructed) Rousseauans.

Yeah, and the problem now is untangling just how much use these research programs make of Garret Hardin's thoroughly debunked 'tragedy of the commons.'

I have also come across plenty of evidence that _some_ Australian hunter gatherers benefited from differences of social class, commodity production, private property and other hallmarks of "modern" society. Obviously they also had also huge differences to us in other aspects of their societies.

Grant.

Got a couple of refs. handy? Feel free to reply off list.

You might be interested in this site:

http://www.indiana.edu/~iascp/

Ian