[lbo-talk] RE:Russia privatization

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 00:41:00 PST 2004

Not at all. The options for Russia, in my view, are either 1) a mafia state, with renewed destruction of the country or 2) an authoritarian state on the lines of South Korea in the 70s-80s (with caveats because Russia is so much more immense and multicultural than SK). I am rooting for Option Two.

Things are so much better now than under Yeltsin that it is just amazing. I could just kiss Putin (and high oil prices).