[lbo-talk] Keiretsu Capital

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Jan 12 13:20:30 PST 2004

Quoting jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org:

> China is not growing a hothouse developmental state.

Don't take my word for it. SilStrat has lots of material on the social engineering of East Asia's manufacturing muscle (free login required):

http://www.siliconstrategies.com/

> Taiwan's developmental state has also been hollowed out from within and
> without.

The silicon press says, Taiwanese chip firms are moving plant and equipment to China while retaining high-end design/software functions at home. Taiwan is also accumulating vast trade surpluses.

-- DRR