[lbo-talk] Re: California Economic Analysis

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Jan 12 15:20:14 PST 2004

....I was thinking maybe there is a niche for some kind of newsletter/website that focuses on local issues out here because I feel submerged by business propaganda....

You can try The Rockridge Institute. It is supposed to be a progressive alternative to our traditional amero-fascist propaganda organs. But you will probably have to do your own research on local issues.

http://www.rockridgeinstitute.org/

As to the recall, there was no issue. It was just the rightwing Repugnants in SoCal pissing on the democratic party machine that rules every state office. About the only interesting thing in regard to governor Arnold is how even executive level power depends on the personal ability of the office holder to manipulate the institutional machinery. Since Arnold is by definition brain dead, hopefully his power will be as limited as his imagination and understanding of government. A whole cadre of business-nazis advisers does no good, since the end policy result is a committee decision of ambiguous dead-ends----i.e where they stopped at the last meeting.

It's that vision thing, again. I suspect this is the same problem that Bush and the Right have--more or less what O'Neill said on 60mins on Sunday. They really don't know what they are doing. They can wreck things, but they don't know how to fix them. And thank god for that, otherwise we would be living in a police state run by and for the business-nazis elite. As it is, it is just running on auto-pilot set to random coordinates, while slowly losing altitude.

Chuck Grimes