[lbo-talk] Video of US army pilots as cold-blooded killers

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:04:39 PST 2004

>From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
>
> > Gott mit uns, for sure:
> >
> > <http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/US/apache_video_040109-1.html>
> >
> > Carl
>
>Well, the military is about cold blood killing, and thinking that
>reproaching soldiers that they attack the enemy with deadly force is as
>silly as calling Afghan or Iraqi resistance "terrorists."

I believe the Geneva Convention specifies that "the wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for," and there is one instance in that tape of "smoking" an Iraqi who (as one of the attacking US Army pilots notes) is wounded. At any rate, the whole atmosphere of the casual slaughter shown here is chilling. To state the obvious, this isn't traditional combat at all but indeed the high-tech "turkey shoot" that the neocons promised.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here. https://broadband.msn.com