[lbo-talk] Re: To Doug: re India etc in Digest no. Lbo-talk digest, Vol 1 #2192

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Wed Jan 14 05:29:15 PST 2004

Chris Doss wrote:

> I would suggest that the rulers of post partition India were pro Soviet
> compradors for many years. Hari

> Compradors how? The USSR was exploiting India? This sounds weird to me.

I agree, it's weird.The line of Indian Maoists in those years was that "the Soviet Social Imperialism was an imperialism on the rise, while the US imperialism was an imperialism in decline." "The Soviet Social imperialism" was a greater danger than the US Imperialism and the principal enemy, therefore, of the Third World. This was CPC line; Indian state as a Soviet ally was a colony of the fSU. Indian Maoists followed that line faithfully.

Ulhas