[lbo-talk] CAPPS II

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Jan 14 06:46:07 PST 2004

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 09:54 PM, Steven wrote:

> I'm curious, how many on the list will evaluate alternative forms of
> travel
> before giving out this type of information? ....
>
> "CAPPS II, would require all airline travelers to provide full names,
> home
> addresses, phone numbers and dates of birth when they book flights"

How is this different from the information you give when you reserve the flight on the Web now, except for the date of birth?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt