[lbo-talk] fundraiser

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jan 15 13:29:48 PST 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> My stint on the WBAi fundraising marathon is next Thursday, 3-6 PM. I've
> got an interview with Noam Chomsky lined up already, but I'm looking for
> another marquee name to add to the mix - preferably female, possibly a
> domestic complement to Noam on the empire. Any ideas?

War Cry. She's in New York City.

Any of the women associated with the anti-globalization movement who aren't names in left media circles.

See, there aren't very many women counterparts to Noam because the left media constantly goes with the same old leftists. Left magazines aren't publishing women writers who focus on foreign policy. And the Left media features too many famous leftists over the age of 40.

> Also, any questions you'd like me to ask Chomsky? We record tomorrow
> afternoon.

Ask him a good question about how the space program is a fancy way of transferring wealth to defense contractors. He's talked about this before and it is timely.

I'd like to hear his thoughts on the current state of the anti-globalization movement.

Chuck0